Award-Winning


I'm very excited to announced that "Yokai" is the winner for Fantasy in Library Journal's Self-Published Ebook Awards! 

I never expected any sort of recognition for "Yokai," especially when I submitted to this contest.  I guess when you hear so many "no's" in this industry and people don't respond the way you expect to something you've poured your blood, sweat and tears into, you just get used to rejection.  When I saw some notifications on Twitter a few hours ago, I saw tweets announcing the winners to Library Journal's Self-Published Ebook Awards, with my name attached to them.  And then, I clicked the link and sure enough, "Yokai" was listed as the winner for Fantasy, selected by a volunteer committee of librarians.  Just the fact that people who have dedicated their lives to books, to surrounding themselves with books and opening new worlds to the people who enter their sanctuaries, found themselves enjoying "Yokai" is fantastic.  That they bestowed such an honor to "Yokai" - naming it the best in Fantasy - I don't even have the words to convey my appreciation.  It is a true honor.  Check out the announcement and list of winners and runners-up here.

Comments

Greg McElhatton said…
Way to go, and congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

Top 200 Horror Movies (2019 Edition)

Marvel Legend Wishlist (Updated 2022)

Marvel Legends Wishlist (Updated 2023)